09:00 - 17:00
API Design Workshop
The main focus of this workshop is to have a look into the API ecosystem to approach the problem with good insights and to organize things to be reliable, available and to reduce the overall governance effort.
Content & Process
In the last decade we built a lot of APIs for several different purposes. Having the big picture is often something comes after a while, and we need to consolidate them to better organize things and implement a proper governance. Also, we have a bunch of options today when implementing an API Gateway for our APIs. The starting point is actually DOING THAT immediately, regardless the underlying technology. Let’s take a look into the self-hosted, open-source “Ocelot” API Gateway, written in ASP.NET Core, in conjunction with the hosting facility of Azure and App Service for Containers.
- Basics of Microservices approach
- Basics of API Design
- Implementing of a couple of APIs form scratch
- Data design and development with Database Projects
- Serverless deployment options
- The need of an API Gateway
- Introducing AWS API Gateway
- Introducing Azure API Gateway
- Develop your own gateway with Ocelot
- Containerized deployment options
Audience & Requirements
The ideal audience is every experienced developer (even without specific API skills) who has also a basic DevOps profile, in order to understand the end-to-end scenario while implementing and governing an API solution.
- A PC or Mac with Visual Studio installed
- An active Azure subscription
- (optional) an active AWS subscription
- .NET will be used in the workshop, at a level that can be also learned in place